Michael Fassbender says Assassin’s Creed movie ‘took itself too seriously’

michael fassbender assassin's creed thumb Assassin's Creed

The Assassin’s Creed video game franchise took a year off last year to focus on the Assassin’s Creed film starring Michael Fassbender. Well, all that work didn’t pay off since the film was critically panned and it wasn’t a massive hit at the box office. (It did, however, gross $240 million worldwide with a production budget of $125 million.) It’s really sad to hear too since it had an all-star cast and an acclaimed director. Damn you, video game movie curse!

With the first movie out of the way, Fassbender can talk about the missteps of the film and whether or not we’ll see a sequel.

In an interview with Movienco, Fassbender felt that the movie needed to be more “entertaining.”

“For sure, it wasn’t ideal,” he said. “I think we missed an opportunity there a little bit. So we’ll wait and see what Ubisoft are coming up with. But right now I don’t know.”

“I would make it more entertaining, that’s really the main note. The feeling of the film, I think it took itself too seriously and I would get to the action a lot quicker. I think there’s three beginnings of the film, which is a mistake.”

Now fans of the Assassin’s Creed franchise have the next game, Assassin’s Creed Origins, to look forward to. It will be available for the PS4, Xbox One and PC on October 27, 2017.

About author

John 'Spartan' Nguyen
John 'Spartan' Nguyen 9071 posts

Assassin, scoundrel, editor-in-chief.