Robocop is Batman in The Dark Knight ReturnsPosted 4:15 pm on Thursday, August 2nd, 2012 by John 'Spartan' Nguyen
As much as I love Kevin Conroy as the voice of Batman, I’m really interested to hear mother-frakkin’ Robocop, AKA Peter Weller, doing the Batman voice in the upcoming Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Part 1 Blu-ray/DVD. Now here’s a fight I’d like to see; Batman vs. Robocop.
Based on Frank Millers’ Dark Knight Returns, Bruce Wayne is now a middle-aged man and has retired from crime fighting. Now he has turned to racing and drinking to forget his worries; that is until The Mutants, a barbaric criminal gang, show up. He gets a new Robin sidekick in the form of a teenage girl named Carrie as he fights new and old villains.
Here are the Blu-ray features:
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Part 1 Blu-ray™ Combo Pack has more
than 2 hours of exciting content, including:
• Standard and high definition versions of the feature film
• Sneak Peak at Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Part 2, the next DC
Universe Animated Original Movie
• Featurette – “Her Name is Carrie … Her Role is Robin” – An all-new
featurette. Experience the role of Robin, through the eyes of a
• Featurette – “Batman and Me: The Bob Kane Story” – A documentary
comprehensively chronicling the remarkable life of the creator of
• Two bonus episodes from Batman: The Animated Series handpicked by
producer Alan Burnett: Two-Face, Parts 1 and 2
• Digital Comic – “Batman: The Dark Knight Returns” (digital comic
with cover art and three full comic pages)
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Part 1 heads to Blu-ray and DVD on September 25, 2012, and is the 15th DCU animated film. Part 2 will be out early 2013.
John “Spartan” Nguyen is the editor-in-chief at Nerd Reactor and is based in Orange County, CA. He is a graphic designer and illustrator.