Wreck-It Ralph: Sonic the Hedgehog and Street Fighter’s Ken and Ryu confirmedPosted 10:00 am on Thursday, July 19th, 2012 by John 'Spartan' Nguyen
Disney has announced voice actors and new video game characters for its upcoming Wreck-It Ralph animated film including Sonic the Hedgehog and Street Fighter’s Ken and Ryu. Voicing Sonic is Roger Craig Smith. You may known him as Ezio from the Assassin’s Creed series. Disney was also able to get the original Street Fighter IV voice actors to voice the same characters in the movie. That includes Kyle Hebert as Ryu, Rueben Langdon as Ken, and Gerald C Rivers as M. Bison.
Check out the list of voice actors and the video game characters they portray:
- Alan Tudyk (ABC’s “Suburgatory,” “Dodgeball”) as King Candy, ruler of Sugar Rush, a candy-coated cart racing game
- Ed O’Neill (ABC’s “Modern Family”) as Mr. Litwak, owner of Litwak’s Family Fun Center & Arcade
- Mindy Kaling (“The Mindy Project,” “The Office”) as Taffyta Muttonfudge, an accomplished racer and Vanellope’s nemesis
- Adam Carolla (“The Adam Carolla Show”) as Wynchel, Sugar Rush security
- Horatio Sanz (“Saturday Night Live”) as Duncan, Sugar Rush security
- Dennis Haysbert (CBS’s “The Unit,” “24”) as General from the first-person shooter game, Hero’s Duty
- Edie McClurg (“Ferris Bueller’s Day Off,” TV’s “The Life & Times of Tim,” “Planes, Trains & Automobiles”) – as Mary, a Nicelander who lives within the game Fix-It Felix, Jr.
- Roger Craig Smith (Captain Marvel from TV’s “The Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes,” Ezio from game franchise “Assassin’s Creed”) as Sonic the Hedgehog
- Gerald C Rivers (video game “Street Fighter” series) as M. Bison
- Rachael Harris (“The Hangover,” TV’s “New Girl”) as Deanna, a Nicelander who lives within the game Fix-It Felix, Jr.
- Stefanie Scott (Disney Channel’s “A.N.T. Farm”) as Moppet Girl, a young arcade enthusiast who visits Litwak’s arcade
- Reuben Langdon (multiple “Street Fighter” video games) as Ken from Street Fighter
- Kyle Hebert (multiple “Street Fighter” video games, TV’s “The Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes”) as Ryu from Street Fighter
Wreck-It Ralph is Disney’s upcoming animated film that features the world of video games. The main character, Wreck-It Ralph, is heavily inspired by Donkey Kong. Along with original video game characters, the film also includes popular characters from existing video games franchises like Zangief from Street Fighter, Kano from Mortal Kombat, the ghosts from Pac-Man, Q-Bert and more.
Wreck-It Ralph will hit theaters on November 2, 2012.
John “Spartan” Nguyen is the editor-in-chief at Nerd Reactor and is based in Orange County, CA. He is a graphic designer and illustrator.