Star Trek Convention beams back to Las Vegas this August!Posted 12:37 pm on Thursday, July 12th, 2012 by Laura Sirikulvadhana
It’s that time again. That’s right! TREK Time!
The Annual Official Star Trek Convention is happening in Las Vegas, Nevada, on August 9-12, 2012, at the Rio All Suites Hotel & Casino. This event gives fans – like myself – to get up close and personal with our Trek heroes like our captains – William Shatner (Kirk), Avery Brooks (Sisko), Kate Mulgrew (Janeway), and Scott Bakula (Archer). With panel sessions, parties, breakfasts, autograph sessions and photo opportunities, you will have the opportunity to meet them as well as the other Trek celebrities.
With a large fan base, this convention is expecting over 20,000 attendees this year alone. There will be thousands dressed in Star Trek costumes and again trying to set a World Record for the Most Star Trek Costumed People in one place – trying to beat last year’s record of 1040 (I was number 777).
Some of the events happening at the convention:
- The “Four Captains Live on Stage” appearing on Sunday
- Avery Brooks (Sisko) will be performing at the Gala performance on Saturday
- William Shatner’s Documentary Screening of “William Shatner’s Get A Life” (also known as Fan Addicts) on Sunday
- The 25th Anniversary Reunion of the cast of Star Trek: The Next Generation on Saturday (Yes, I will probably cry.)
- World Record Attempt at the Most People in Star Trek Costumed People in one place on Saturday
- Rene Auberjonois (Odo) and Ethan Phillips (Neelix) performing a theatrical piece on Thursday
- Garrett Wang (Kim), Dominic Keating (Reed), and Connor Trinneer (Tucker) performing a special play for the fans (TBA)
- The Creation Costume Parade on Saturday (not to be missed!)
- Vendors booths throughout the weekend for fans and collectors
- And many more events that every Trek fan will love.
Put together by Creation Entertainment, the Star Trek Convention is the highlight in every Trekkie/Trekker’s life. With thousands of fans attending from all over the world, fans will feel like they belong. I know I do.
Tickets are available in advance online (www.creation.com) or at the door. General admission tickets for Thursday and Friday are $35 and Saturday and Sunday for $40. General admission tickets for children 12 and under are $25 and children under six are admitted free. Children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. There are special packages available online – Captain’s Chair, Gold and Preferred packages.
Trekkie. Jedi. Whovian. Sherlockian. Hobbit. Sanrio. Comics. I am Spartacus. Warrior Princess. Superhero. Nerd.