The Avengers head to Blu-ray September 25thPosted 11:59 am on Friday, June 29th, 2012 by John 'Spartan' Nguyen
Disney has announced that The Avengers will be available on Blu-ray September 25, 2012. The 4-Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack will contain a Blu-ray 3D, Blu-ray, DVD, Digital and On-Demand access. Marvel will be releasing an app that will lead up to the Blu-ray release in July. You’ll be able to get some cool content.
The extras include:
- Gag reel
- A first for a Marvel Studios film, the chance to hear from the cast and Joss Whedon on their experiences in bringing these larger than life characters to the big screen
- A behind-the-scenes look at the groundbreaking visual effects and stunning cinematography
- The creation of S.H.I.E.L.D.’s Helicarrier
- Soundgarden’s “Live to Rise” Music Video
- Deleted scenes and more!
As for the app, you get content like, and it will be released bi-weekly in July & August and weekly in September. Exclusive content includes “access to the S.H.I.E.L.D. database, becoming a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent, invitations to “special missions” either remotely or in the field, links to character profiles, stories and scenes, interactive Marvel digital reader comic books and more.”
- 4-Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack = $49.99 U.S./$59.99 Canada
- 2-Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack =$39.99 U.S./$46.99 Canada
- 1-Disc DVD = $29.99 U.S./$35.99 Canada.
So does this mean we’re not getting an Director’s Cut of the film in theaters?
John “Spartan” Nguyen is the editor-in-chief at Nerd Reactor and is based in Orange County, CA. He is a graphic designer and illustrator.