The Los Angeles Times Third Annual ‘Hero Complex Film Festival’Posted 9:00 am on Thursday, April 26th, 2012 by Steve Ahmad
The Los Angeles Hero Complex Film Festival is back and the lineup is better than ever. At its third year, the Hero Complex Film Festival is something that fans of multiple genres can come sit and enjoy the film intrigued by and have cameos by directors, actors, and writers of the specific film – in person! Geoff Boucher, lead writer and interviewer, is the man every nerd dreams of being. He gets up close and personal to the men and women behind some of the greatest films and always gives audiences online or on location a chance to ask questions directly to the interviewee.
This year’s Hero Complex Film Festival will take place from May 18-21 at the Regal Cinemas L.A. Live Stadium 14 theaters. Expected appearances by Nathan Fillion, Robert Kirkman, Stan Lee, Malcolm McDowell, Zack Snyder, Andrew Stanton, Peter Weller, Rainn Wilson, and Edgar Wright. As always with the film festival, surprises are always assured!
- “Dawn of the Dead” Fri. May 18 – director Zack Snyder will discuss reimagining the terrifying classic for a 21st century audience with Robert Kirkman, the creator and writer of Skybound/Image Comics’ “The Walking Dead” and many other titles.
- “Shaun of the Dead” Fri. May 18 – co-writer and director Edgar Wright will talk about creating the acclaimed British horror-comedy.
- “RoboCop” Sat. May 19 – star Peter Weller will chat about mixing science fiction, action and satire to create an enduring (and very durable) icon; the Festival will screen a new, digitally-remastered version of the film.
- “A Clockwork Orange” Sat. May 19 - Malcolm McDowell, Alex from Stanley Kubrick’s ultraviolent portrait of a dystopian future, will reminisce about the making of a cultural touchstone.
- “SUPER” Sat. May 19 - the subversive dark comedy will bring star Rainn Wilson away from his “Office” job to chat about infusing comic book antics with hipster irony.
- “WALL-E” Sun. May 20 - children of all ages will again be enthralled during a matinee screening and discussion with writer/director and two-time Oscar®-winner Andrew Stanton; footage from Pixar’s upcoming “Brave” will also be shown.
- “Serenity” Sun. May 20 – Nathan Fillion, Mal Reynolds himself, will talk about the conclusion (or not) of the “Firefly” saga and being an indelible part of the Whedon-verse.
- “An Evening with Stan Lee” Mon. May 21 – Stan Lee, comic book legend and Chairman and Chief Creative Officer of POW! Entertainment, will discuss the inception and future of the superhero era in film; movie screening to be announced.
Advance tickets are available for Los Angeles Times members at 50% discount. Tickets go on sale today Thursday, April 26 at 10:00am. Single screenings are $20 and festival passes with included poster designed by DC Comics’ co-publisher Jim Lee are priced at $105.
Purchase tickets at: latimes.com/herocomplexfilmfest:
Steve Ahmad is a writer dedicated in bringing you every angle of every story in the most transparent way . Meet the Nerd Reactor Team