WANTED: Testers for Star Wars: The Old Republic Update 1.2Posted 11:59 am on Friday, March 2nd, 2012 by Michael Pao
Got some fantastic news for you Star Wars: The Old Republic players! Update 1.2 will be hitting the public test server soon and BioWare are looking for testers for this much anticipated patch. This next big update will feature a brand new Flashpoint, Operation, and Warzone for players to go in with blasters blazing and sabers ignited. So if you’re interested in being a part of this testing, BioWare is looking for players with max-level characters, but sadly they don’t have an automated process currently set up for copying your characters over onto the test server. But if you are interested in being one of the lucky testers, all you have to do is follow these simple steps:
1) Put together a strike team from your guild of no more than 16-20 players (but 8 works just fine as well) who are ready to raid or PVP level 50 characters in the game. Those who apply must be willing to put aside playing on their other characters to help fine tune the update on the Public Test Server.
2) Ensure that each player patches to the Public Test Server and logs onto it before submitting team list via email for approval.
3) Ensure that each player has an empty character slot (7 or fewer characters on the test server) on the Public Test Server.
4) Send an e-mail to [email protected] with the subject “[Your Guild Name] Game Update 1.2 Testing” and include the following information;
- The server that your guild is currently on.
- A very brief summary of your guild’s end-game accomplishments (in no more than 50 words).
- For each participating member of your guild, please list their:
- Account name (the name that shows up when you post on the SWTOR forums)
- Account e-mail address
- Character name of the level 50 they wish to have copied to the Public Test Server.
And there you go, you’re all set! Also please be aware that BioWare does warn that spaces for testers will be limited. So send out your e-mail request ASAP folks! Those accepted will be notified via e-mail. Plus in addition to the new endgame content, this patch will also introduce various Legacy features (finally)!
Source: Gaming Blend
Michael Pao is a photographer and writer who loves pretty much anything geek/nerd culture. Meet the rest of the Nerd Reactor Team.