Arkham City’s Rocksteady to Make Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles?
Rocksteady is the studio behind the popular game of 2011, Batman: Arkham City. With Arkham City out of the way, fans and gamers speculated what would be next for the studio. Could it be a new Superman game? Perhaps Batman: Gotham City? According to PGN, it will be working on a dark Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game.
The site mentions that the game will be dark, but the turtles will still incorporate their brand of humor into situations.
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Manhattan Crisis is the alleged name of the title.
- Leonardo, Donatello, Raphael, and Michelangelo are the four playable characters, each with their own varied move set and weapon of choice (sword, bo staff, sai, and nunchucku…respectively).
- Flashbacks are played as Master Splinter/Hamato Yoshi.
- Shurikens, smoke bombs, grappling hooks, and climbing foot spikes.
- Gameplay and story/stage progression similar to Batman: Arkham City.
- Classic characters such as Bebop and Rocksteady (warthog and rhinoceros), Dr. Baxter Stockman, Shredder (Oroku Saki), and Krang act as bosses and in the case of the humans-turned-mutants, you fight them in both forms throughout the story.
- The Turtle Van and Turtle Blimp will be present and with them and other gadgets, the Wii U build is expected to have touch screen controls for specific actions.
- Multiplayer is unknown.
- Graphics engine used is that of Arkham City.
- The game is expected to be more dark than slapstick, but the turtles themselves and their interactions with the Foot Clan, bosses, and story characters like April O’Neil and Casey Jones will still have comedy attached.
- Purportedly being in development for Wii U, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3.
- Careful selection of voice actors to bring the universe to life as well as Rocksteady did with their two Batman games.
- Manhattan Crisis shares a similar name to the 1991/1992 NES title, “The Manhattan Project”, but is very much its own title.
This is most likely just a rumor, since Rocksteady hasn’t confirmed anything yet. But it would be nice to have them working on a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game. Plus, Rocksteady is a villain in the TMNT universe.