Pixar’s ‘Day & Night’ Animated Short Contender for Academy AwardsPosted 7:41 pm on Tuesday, November 30th, 2010 by John 'Spartan' Nguyen
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has announced that the 83rd Academy Awards animated short films category will now advance in the voting process. Among the animated shorts that advanced was Pixar’s “Day & Night” animated short that was attached to the beginning of Toy Story 3. Just imagine if “Toy Story 3″ and “Day & Night” both win at the Oscars, it’s going to be crazy.
- “The Cow Who Wanted to Be a Hamburger,” Bill Plympton, director (Bill Plympton Studio)
- “Coyote Falls,” Matthew O’Callaghan, director and Sam Register, executive producer (Warner Bros. Animation Inc.)
- “Day & Night,” Teddy Newton, director (Pixar Animation Studios)
- “The Gruffalo,” Jakob Schuh and Max Lang, directors (Magic Light Pictures)
- “Let’s Pollute,” Geefwee Boedoe, story-design-animation (Geefwee Boedoe)
- “The Lost Thing,” Shaun Tan and Andrew Ruhemann, directors (Passion Pictures Australia)
- “Madagascar, Carnet de Voyage (Madagascar, a Journey Diary),” Bastien Dubois, director (Sacrebleu Productions)
- “Sensology,” Michel Gagne, director-producer (GAGNE International LLC)
- “The Silence beneath the Bark,” Joanna Lurie, director (Lardux Films)
- “Urs,” Moritz Mayerhofer, director (Filmakademie Baden-Wuerttemberg)
The Short Films and Feature Animation Branch Reviewing Committee have viewed all of the shorts in Los Angeles and New York. Now they have to select between 3-5 animated short nominees from the list. Come on Pixar, I Love you!
Source: Hollywood News
John “Spartan” Nguyen is the editor-in-chief at Nerd Reactor and is based in Orange County, CA. He is a graphic designer and illustrator.