Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood Multiplayer Beta Coming Oct 4 Plus New TrailerPosted 11:18 pm on Thursday, September 16th, 2010 by John 'Spartan' Nguyen
Get a chance to play the Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood multiplayer beta on October 4th when you pre-order a copy of the game from GameStop for the PlayStation 3 before September 25th. It’s only available for the U.S.
I had a chance to play the multiplayer demo at Comic-Con International, and let me tell you, I got my ass handed to me by a bunch of teenagers. I won’t let that happen again! In the beta, you’ll have a chance to choose between nine different characters like the doctor, the priest, the executioner or the courtesan, each with their own special weapons and signature moves. You can play with up to eight players total in two different modes:
Wanted – Adversarial mode: From six to eight players
- Objective: Obtain the highest possible score by killing assigned targets.
- Game session: 1 round of 10 minutes
- In this game mode, players have 10 minutes to reach the higher score by assassinating other players. A target is assigned by the system and players can only kill that specific target. Interaction with the other players is not permitted unless they are either a target or a pursuer. If players kill innocents they will trigger an “open conflict”. The position of the player will be revealed to their target and then will have the ability to escape or to cancel the contract. If the target has identified one of his pursuers, he can stun him to cancel the contract and score points.
Alliance* – Cooperative mode: Three teams of two players
- Objective: Obtain the highest possible score with your teammate by killing the assigned team. The teammates share the same character.
- Game session: 2 rounds of 4 minutes
- At the beginning of the round, a target team is assigned to each of the three teams. Those targets will not change for the entire round. During the round, players can switch between their two targets at anytime. Players will score by killing targets or escaping or stunning pursuers, but in addition, are rewarded by helping their teammate or performing cooperative actions like multiple kills in a row. At the end of the first round, all players will respawn and a new target is assigned to each team. The game session ends at the end of the second round.
* Alliance Mode will be unlocked by the community
Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood will be released on November 16 for the PS3 and Xbox 360 in the United States. The PC will have for the first quarter of 2011. You can reserve the copy online at http://www.gamestop.com/ACB or at a GameStop store.
Check out the “Enter Rome” video featuring the song “Burn My Shadow” by UNKLE.
Cool music video to boot with a guy waking up with explosives to his heart!
John “Spartan” Nguyen is the editor-in-chief at Nerd Reactor and is based in Orange County, CA. He is a graphic designer and illustrator.